Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
Taking Wales Forward
The First Minister of Wales announced his new Cabinet and Ministers as the Welsh Government begins its ambitious programme to build a united, connected and sustainable Wales.
- Statement by the First Minister of Wales: Moving Wales Forward
- Dr Frank Atherton appointed Wales’ new Chief Medical Officer
- Taking Wales Forward
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The Welsh Government works to improve health and reduce inequalities in health. This includes giving everyone equal access to health facilities and services.
Our focus is on preventing ill health in the first place, and on addressing problems at an early stage.
Our approach is to promote positive health throughout life - from healthy children to healthy ageing.
We do this by encouraging lifestyle changes that will improve health, and by supporting your community to change a range of factors affecting health in the environment, the workplace, and local government.
This area also covers how food, physical activity, or smoking can affect your health.
Other related information can be found on:
Public Health Wales (external link)
Food Standards Agency (external link)
Health in Wales (external link)
Public Health Network Cymru (external link)