Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
About this topic
We fund the National Health Service in Wales and develop policy and strategy for improving health and social services in Wales.
We lead on policy and strategy for improving health, social care and public health strategy and programmes, with the aim of protecting and improving health and reducing health inequalities.
Our responsibilities include:
- Prevention, treatment and reduction of disease, illness, injury, disability and mental disorder.
- Provision of health services, including medical, dental, ophthalmic, pharmaceutical and ancillary services and facilities.
- Clinical governance and standards of health care
Exceptions to this include:
- Human genetics, human fertilisation, human embryology, surrogacy arrangements
The Department’s aim is to implement the health and social care elements of the Programme for Government, including:
- promoting healthy lifestyles
- supporting the NHS and local government to work closely together to deliver integrated health and social care services
- shifting the balance within the health service from acute hospital services to community based services
- modernising social services in order to provide more accessible, personalised care for people
- ensuring clinical governance and good financial management of services