Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces details of High Street Rates Relief Scheme
Mark Drakeford today announced details of a £10m targeted relief scheme to provide extra support for high street businesses across Wales from April.
- Ken Skates visits Chongqing and Shanghai to cement Welsh links with China
- New innovation fund launched
- Mark Drakeford announces details of High Street Rates Relief Scheme
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
About this topic
We fund the National Health Service in Wales and develop policy and strategy for improving health and social services in Wales.
We lead on policy and strategy for improving health, social care and public health strategy and programmes, with the aim of protecting and improving health and reducing health inequalities.
Our responsibilities include:
- Prevention, treatment and reduction of disease, illness, injury, disability and mental disorder.
- Provision of health services, including medical, dental, ophthalmic, pharmaceutical and ancillary services and facilities.
- Clinical governance and standards of health care
Exceptions to this include:
- Human genetics, human fertilisation, human embryology, surrogacy arrangements
The Department’s aim is to implement the health and social care elements of the Programme for Government, including:
- promoting healthy lifestyles
- supporting the NHS and local government to work closely together to deliver integrated health and social care services
- shifting the balance within the health service from acute hospital services to community based services
- modernising social services in order to provide more accessible, personalised care for people
- ensuring clinical governance and good financial management of services