Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
New provisional figures published today show recycling in Wales continues to increase and is at its highest ever recorded level.
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Animal and Plant Health Agency offices
The agency was formed on 1 October 2014, following the merger of Animal Health and the Veterinary Laboratories Agency with Plant Health.
Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) is an executive agency working on behalf of:
- Welsh Government
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Scottish Government.
It's role is to safeguard animal health and welfare as well as public health. It also protects the economy and enhance food security through research, surveillance and inspection.
APHA continues to operate from its existing:
- field offices
- investigation centres
- border inspection posts at ports and airports.
The public contact telephone numbers and helplines remain the same. For more details visit APHA - Office access and opening times (external link).
If you have any enquiries about export certification please contact the International Trade Centre for Exports (external link).
If you have any enquiries about import certification please contact the International Trade Centre for Imports (external link).