New plans to help keep people safe on nights out
Organisations are being encouraged to work in partnership to ensure the night time activities of town and city centres across Wales are healthy and safe.
- First Minister welcomes Tata deal and announces £4m Tata skills programme
- “Far more than just a transport scheme” - First Minister makes the case for South Wales Metro on Brussels visit
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- New plans to help keep people safe on nights out
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Plant! is a project to celebrate the birth or adoption of every child in Wales by planting a tree.
In 2008 the Welsh Government made a pledge to plant a tree for every child born or adopted in Wales.
From 1st April 2014 the commitment was extended to plant an additional tree in Uganda for every child.
A native Welsh tree will be planted by Natural Resources Wales in newly created woodland in Wales and a second tree will be planted in Uganda in partnership with the environmental charity Size of Wales. The paper and card we use for the project comes from well managed forests where trees are replaced each time they are felled creating a sustainable resource for future generations
Planting trees in Wales and Uganda will be vital in helping to tackle climate change while also improving our environment. With these trees we hope children across Wales will feel a personal connection with their environment.The Plant! project is a Welsh Government initiative. It is being delivered on our behalf by:
Coed Cadw / The Woodland Trust (external link)
Natural Resources Wales (external link)
Size of Wales (external link).
For information on the trees being planted in Uganda please visit Size of Wales (external link).Contact details for the Plant! scheme:
- telephone 0300 065 3000
- e-mail us - email@example.com.
Please also contact us if you have any queries or suggestions about the project.