Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
A £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills and improve career prospects across South Wales has been announced by Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government Mark Drakeford.
- Emergency ambulance response continues to improve
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Plant! is a project to celebrate the birth or adoption of every child in Wales by planting trees.
In 2008 the Welsh Government made a pledge to plant a tree for every child born or adopted in Wales. From 1st April 2014 the commitment was extended to plant an additional tree in Uganda for every child.
A native Welsh tree will be planted by Natural Resources Wales in newly created woodland in Wales and a second tree will be planted in Uganda in partnership with the environmental charity Size of Wales. The paper and card we use for the project comes from well managed forests where trees are replaced each time they are felled creating a sustainable resource for future generations
Planting trees in Wales and Uganda will be vital in helping to tackle climate change while also improving our environment. With these trees we hope children across Wales will feel a personal connection with their environment.The Plant! project is a Welsh Government initiative. It is being delivered on our behalf by:
For information on the trees being planted in Uganda please visit the Size of Wales website (external link).Contact details for the Plant! scheme:
- telephone 0300 065 3000
- e-mail us - email@example.com
Please also contact us if you have any queries or suggestions about the project.