Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh seafood producers to cast their nets far and wide at global showcase
The Minister for Social Services and Public Health, Rebecca Evans will be part of a strong Welsh presence today at Seafood Expo Global 2017, the world’s largest seafood trade fair.
- EU student funding guarantee for Welsh universities announced
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
- Welsh seafood producers to cast their nets far and wide at global showcase
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Forest management and the environment
Forest management is a balance between society's increasing demands for forest products and benefits, and the preservation of forest health and diversity.
Forest management can be described as the stewardship and use of forests and forest lands in a way, and at a rate, that maintains their:
- regeneration capacity
- potential to fulfil, relevant ecological, economic and social functions at a local, national, and global level, and does not damage other ecosystems.
This balance is critical to the survival of forests, and to the prosperity of forest-dependent communities.
Sustainably managing a forest means careful use today to ensure similar benefits, health and productivity for future generations.
Forest management must assess and integrate a wide variety of factors:
- commercial and non-commercial values
- environmental considerations
- community needs to produce sound forest plans.
In most cases, forest management plans are developed in consultation with local communities, businesses and wider users.
The natural resources management planning approach is a strategy for the joint management of:
- living resources, that promotes conservation and sustainable use in a fair and holistic way.