Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Carl Sargeant announces extension to PaCE programme
A programme which helps parents who are out of work access education, employment or training opportunities will be extended to 31 March 2020.
- Minister praises innovative youth sport project
- Welsh Government introduces Bill to challenge UK Government’s “damaging and divisive” Trade Union Act
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Carl Sargeant announces extension to PaCE programme
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
These will contribute to the evidence base for development of the successor programme in the 2014-2020 Rural Development Plan for Wales.
if you've seen a term you don't understand, please check here for an explanation.
Helping you drive your business forward.
Farming Connect is transforming the business prospects of thousands of farmers and foresters in Wales. Many services are fully funded, others are subsidised by up to 80%.
To benefit from all that’s now on offer, you will need to register for the new programme. Individuals registered under the previous programme (before October 2015) will need to re-register online or call the Farming Connect Service Centre on 08456 000 813.
Eligibility criteria has been widened to include more farmers and foresters with smaller holdings, new categories of self-employed contractors and agricultural students.
With support from Farming Connect you could:
- benefit from subsidised business support and advice, tailored to your business needs
- reduce outputs and increase efficiency across all areas of your business
- benchmark your performance and work towards progress and growth
- identify areas for improvement and find solutions to problems
- develop your skills as part of Farming Connect’s continuing professional development / lifelong learning programme
- keep up to date with the latest innovations in technology through industry developments and the latest research projects
- share best practice and benefit from the knowledge of other farmers, industry experts and academic research
- be inspired by new ideas and find more efficient and innovative ways of working.
To find out more about Farming Connect guidance, advice and training services, and to keep up to date with our comprehensive events programme visit Farming Connect.