UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
71 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Working Smarter means providing a measured and appropriate regulatory framework for our customers, the farmers of Wales.
In August 2011, the Deputy Minister for Agriculture, Alun Davies, underlined his determination to reduce bureaucracy for farmers in Wales to allow them to focus on farming and on maximising their profits.
An independent adviser (Gareth Williams) was appointed to consider whether the regulatory framework that applied to farmers in Wales was measured and appropriate. He presented a report of recommendations to Ministers in December 2011.
The Working Smarter programme took forward the work undertaken previously under the former Minister, Elin Jones' Red Tape Review, and considered the Macdonald report in England. The Macdonald report made recommendations on changes to existing legislation that could have implications for Wales.You can submit your thoughts to the Working Smarter team by e-mail: email@example.com.