Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Fewer people dying of cardiovascular disease in Wales, according to new report
The report also shows that fewer people are suffering from heart disease, are being treated quicker, and more lives are being saved through early diagnosis.
- Consultation on National Strategy to tackle Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- Kirsty Williams congratulates A-level and Welsh Baccalaureate students
- Fewer people dying of cardiovascular disease in Wales, according to new report
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
All farmers and foresters in Wales have the right to appeal against decisions taken by Agriculture, Food and Marine, concerning their EC subsidy or grant applications.
The ‘Independent Appeals Process for Farmers and Foresters in Wales’ is a fair, simple and affordable procedure which allows applicants to request a review of decisions affecting their payments.
The process consists of two stages:
- stage 1 is a review by the Rural Payments Customer Contact Unit
- stage 2 is a review by an independent panel.
The panel makes recommendations to the Deputy Minister for Farming and Food, who takes the final decision.
Payment and grant schemes currently eligible for review under the appeals process
2015 (and later) schemes:
- Basic Payment Scheme (BPS)
- BPS National Reserve
- TB Compensation Scheme
- TB Cross-compliance penalties
- Farming Connect
- Glastir Entry
- Glastir Advanced
- Glastir Commons
- Glastir Woodland
- Glastir Organic.
Pre 2015 schemes:
- Single Payment Scheme (SPS)
- Improved Land Premium
- Farm Woodland Premium Scheme
- Farm Woodland Scheme
- Organic Farming Scheme
- Organic Maintenance Scheme
- Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Young Entrant Support Scheme
- Glastir Efficiency Grant
- Tir Mynydd
- Tir Cynnal
- Tir Gofal
- Protein Crop Premium
- Aid for Energy Crops
- Habitat Scheme
- Better Woodlands for Wales
- Catchment Sensitive Farming.
The appeals process is administered by the Common Agricultural Policy Planning Division (CPD) Appeals Unit:
CPD Appeals Unit
HO2 1st Floor, West Wing
Tel: 02920 823841/ 821568/ 801382/ 823050
Stage 2 panel hearings are administered and arranged by:
Independent Appeals Secretariat
Spa Road East
Tel: 01597 828226/ 828355