Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
He will see some of the projects and meet some of the people who have benefitted from the successful scheme.
- Have your say on new approach to building resilient communities
- Vaughan Gething confirms £18m investment in the new SuRNICC
- Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
All farmers and foresters in Wales have the right to appeal against decisions taken by Agriculture, Food and Marine, concerning their EC subsidy or grant applications.
The ‘Independent Appeals Process for Farmers and Foresters in Wales’ is a fair, simple and affordable procedure which allows applicants to request a review of decisions affecting their payments.
The process consists of two stages:
- stage 1 is a review by the Rural Payments Customer Contact Unit
- stage 2 is a review by an independent panel.
The panel makes recommendations to the Deputy Minister for Farming and Food, who takes the final decision.
Payment and grant schemes currently eligible for review under the appeals process
2015 (and later) schemes:
- Basic Payment Scheme (BPS)
- BPS National Reserve
- TB Compensation Scheme
- TB Cross-compliance penalties
- Farming Connect
- Glastir Entry
- Glastir Advanced
- Glastir Commons
- Glastir Woodland
- Glastir Organic.
Pre 2015 schemes:
- Single Payment Scheme (SPS)
- Improved Land Premium
- Farm Woodland Premium Scheme
- Farm Woodland Scheme
- Organic Farming Scheme
- Organic Maintenance Scheme
- Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Young Entrant Support Scheme
- Glastir Efficiency Grant
- Tir Mynydd
- Tir Cynnal
- Tir Gofal
- Protein Crop Premium
- Aid for Energy Crops
- Habitat Scheme
- Better Woodlands for Wales
- Catchment Sensitive Farming.
The appeals process is administered by the Common Agricultural Policy Planning Division (CPD) Appeals Unit:
CPD Appeals Unit
HO2 1st Floor, West Wing
Tel: 02920 823841/ 821568/ 801382/ 823050
Stage 2 panel hearings are administered and arranged by:
Independent Appeals Secretariat
Spa Road East
Tel: 01597 828226/ 828355