Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
All farmers and foresters in Wales have the right to appeal against decisions taken by Agriculture, Food and Marine, concerning their EC subsidy or grant applications.
The ‘Independent Appeals Process for Farmers and Foresters in Wales’ is a fair, simple and affordable procedure which allows applicants to request a review of decisions affecting their payments.
The process consists of two stages:
- stage 1 is a review by the Rural Payments Customer Contact Unit
- stage 2 is a review by an independent panel.
The panel makes recommendations to the Deputy Minister for Farming and Food, who takes the final decision.
Payment and grant schemes currently eligible for review under the appeals process
2015 (and later) schemes:
- Basic Payment Scheme (BPS)
- BPS National Reserve
- TB Compensation Scheme
- TB Cross-compliance penalties
- Farming Connect
- Glastir Entry
- Glastir Advanced
- Glastir Commons
- Glastir Woodland
- Glastir Organic.
Pre 2015 schemes:
- Single Payment Scheme (SPS)
- Improved Land Premium
- Farm Woodland Premium Scheme
- Farm Woodland Scheme
- Organic Farming Scheme
- Organic Maintenance Scheme
- Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Young Entrant Support Scheme
- Glastir Efficiency Grant
- Tir Mynydd
- Tir Cynnal
- Tir Gofal
- Protein Crop Premium
- Aid for Energy Crops
- Habitat Scheme
- Better Woodlands for Wales
- Catchment Sensitive Farming.