UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
77 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Farmers claiming the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) and Welsh Government Rural Communities - Rural Development area based schemes must adhere to Cross Compliance.
This is a European regulatory requirement setting standards that farmers have to meet in order to receive Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) payments. There are two elements to Cross Compliance:
- Statutory Management Requirements (SMR’s)
- standards for keeping land in ‘Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition’ (GAEC)
These are European Union obligations covering:
- environment, climate change and GAEC
- public health, animal health and plant health
- animal welfare.
Failure to meet any of these Cross Compliance standards could result in a financial penalty being imposed on your Direct Payments including the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS); and additionally Welsh Government Rural Communities - Rural Development area based schemes.
The vast majority of Cross Compliance rules continue to apply each year, but there are some changes which are explained in each year's Cross Compliance page.