UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
70 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Farming & countryside: documents
if you've seen a term you don't understand, please check here for an explanation.
This section contains documents and publications relating to farming and countryside, pesticides and the Single Application Form.
The report provides statistical information on the area and number of small holdings held by smallholding authorities.
The colleges and universities in Wales with a land-based element in their mission are a crucial element of the future prosperity of the agricultural and other rural industries in Wales.
"To achieve a truly resilient industry there are many factors that come into play, but the main aim must be to have sustainable, profitable and professionally managed farms as the core ambition." - Malcolm Thomas M.B.E.
The Countryside Survey provides a comprehensive survey of the UK countryside in the light of Government policies and environmental influences such as Climate Change.
This strategy outlines the Welsh Government’s Rural Affairs policy direction through to 2020.
Report on progress during the last year on delivering the key priorities of the Farming, Food and Countryside strategy.