Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
Over £1m of Welsh Government funding has been allocated to 33 Flying Start projects across Wales to help them improve their facilities, Carl Sargeant announced today.
- Swansea based Oyster Bay Systems expands and set to create 19 new jobs with Welsh Government support
- Welsh Government to invest over £2m to develop Welsh ports
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Timber Business Investment scheme
Enhancing forestry potential and adding value to forest products.
The Timber Business Investment scheme provides funding for capital investments that add value to forests by enabling woodland management activities, timber harvesting and/or timber processing.
The scheme is open to private forest owners, local authorities, certain other public sector forest owners and small/medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and community organisations or forestry contractors.
Investments supported by the scheme must be related to improvements in value in forests, for example by enabling woodland management activities, timber harvesting and/or in-forest or small-scale timber processing.
Examples of eligible activities under the scheme include:
- small to medium scale forest-based investments that will enhance forestry potential or that relate to the harvesting, processing and adding value to forest products, particularly environmentally friendly technology, including cable-cranes, skidders and other equipment suitable for small and/or inaccessible woodlands
- investments in development and rationalisation of the marketing and processing of wood and wood products
- investments related to the use of wood as a raw material and energy source prior to industrial processing
- investment may include small forest nursery related developments that are specifically related to one or more forest holdings
- investments must be related to the improvement of the economic value of specific forests.
Further details on the application criteria can be obtained by reading the EOI Guidance and supporting scheme documentation.
Important: You must ensure you complete the appropriate Criteria and application form for this window, please check the Window dates on the form.
Please note that applications must be submitted by email only. The email address is: TimberBusinessInvestmentScheme@wales.gsi.gov.uk.