Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Single Use Bag Study
AEA Technology PLC is an energy and environmental company which provides consultancy services. We appointed them in March 2009 to conduct a study to help inform our proposals on charging for single use carrier bags in Wales. AEA's initial findings were presented in May 2009. The report was finalised over summer.
AEA’s study investigated and provided evidence of:
- bag type
- the environmental impacts of the different types of bag available
- the impacts on business and consumers from introducing a charge.
The study also reviewed action taken by other countries to reduce usage of single use carrier bags. These actions included:
- a total ban
- voluntary reductions schemes
- public awareness raising through promotion of long life bags.