Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£6m to help older people live independently in their home
A £6 million investment to help older people in Wales live independently in their own home, has been announced by the Minister for Communities and Tackling Poverty, Lesley Griffiths.
- European approval for new Wales RDP
- Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
- £6m to help older people live independently in their home
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Single Use Bag Study
AEA Technology PLC is an energy and environmental company which provides consultancy services. We appointed them in March 2009 to conduct a study to help inform our proposals on charging for single use carrier bags in Wales. AEA's initial findings were presented in May 2009. The report was finalised over summer.
AEA’s study investigated and provided evidence of:
- bag type
- the environmental impacts of the different types of bag available
- the impacts on business and consumers from introducing a charge.
The study also reviewed action taken by other countries to reduce usage of single use carrier bags. These actions included:
- a total ban
- voluntary reductions schemes
- public awareness raising through promotion of long life bags.