Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Quarter of a billion pound boost for Wales’ rural communities
The day before the UK Government triggers Article 50, the Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs delivered a £223million boost to Wales’ rural communities.
- Treforest Glass expands with Welsh Government support creating and securing 25 jobs
- Online Safety remains a key priority as internet use rises
- Quarter of a billion pound boost for Wales’ rural communities
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Single Use Bag Study
AEA Technology PLC is an energy and environmental company which provides consultancy services. We appointed them in March 2009 to conduct a study to help inform our proposals on charging for single use carrier bags in Wales. AEA's initial findings were presented in May 2009. The report was finalised over summer.
AEA’s study investigated and provided evidence of:
- bag type
- the environmental impacts of the different types of bag available
- the impacts on business and consumers from introducing a charge.
The study also reviewed action taken by other countries to reduce usage of single use carrier bags. These actions included:
- a total ban
- voluntary reductions schemes
- public awareness raising through promotion of long life bags.