“If Brexit is about “taking back control” then trying to override the British constitution is a bad start” – Counsel General for Wales
The UK will leave the EU, but the UK Government cannot trigger ‘Brexit’ by overriding the laws and conventions of the British constitution, the Counsel General for Wales, Mick Antoniw has said.
- £1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
- Welsh Government gets behind Small Business Saturday
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “If Brexit is about “taking back control” then trying to override the British constitution is a bad start” – Counsel General for Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Reduction in single-use carrier bags
This brief summary from 13 retailers shows reductions of 35 – 96% reductions since the launch of the carrier bag charge.
- food retail - between 96% and 70% reductions
- fashion - between 75% and 68% reductions
- home improvement - 95% reduction
- food service - up to 45% reduction
- telecommunications - 85% reduction.