New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
£5million loan scheme to improve local sport facilities & get Wales active
A £5million interest free loan scheme will improve local sport and recreation facilities across Wales and encourage more people to get physically active.
- New package to attract doctors to Wales
- Putting people before profit: new co-op project to support people to support themselves
- £5million loan scheme to improve local sport facilities & get Wales active
- Proposed changes to the Environmental Impact Assessment Regulations and Local Development Orders
- Regulations as provided for by the Higher Education (Wales) Act 2015
- Compulsory Microchipping of Dogs in Wales
- Call for evidence on the use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Wales) Regulations 2015
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Reduction in single-use carrier bags
This brief summary from 13 retailers shows reductions of 35 – 96% reductions since the launch of the carrier bag charge.
- food retail - between 96% and 70% reductions
- fashion - between 75% and 68% reductions
- home improvement - 95% reduction
- food service - up to 45% reduction
- telecommunications - 85% reduction.