Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
EU student funding guarantee for Welsh universities announced
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
- Swansea based Oyster Bay Systems expands and set to create 19 new jobs with Welsh Government support
- EU student funding guarantee for Welsh universities announced
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Cost benefit analysis of bags for life charges in Wales
The Environment (Wales) Act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
There are 2 carrier bag provisions in the Environment (Wales) Bill.
- To extend the powers in the Climate Change Act 2008 to enable Welsh Ministers to set a minimum charge for other types of carrier bags in addition to single use carrier bags
- To place a duty on sellers of carrier bags to apply the net proceeds of the charge to good causes as specified in Regulations.
In addition, the Bill will also remove the current restriction that the net proceeds of the carrier bag charge may only be applied to environmental good causes and extend their application to any good cause.
Cost Benefit Analysis of Bags for Life Charges in Wales (File size: 2.4MB)