Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Evaluation of the introduction of the single-use carrier bag charge in Wales: Attitude change and behavioural spillover
The charge has helped to increase own bag use in Wales (from 61% to 82%). This is consistent with findings from other countries where a similar charge has been introduced.
While the study also showed an increase in own bag use in England, where no carrier bag charge was introduced, the increase was greater in Wales.
The study shows that the charge is widely supported in Wales. Even before its introduction, the charge was supported by a majority of the Welsh population (59%). Support for the charge increased even further after its introduction to 70%.