Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
A £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills and improve career prospects across South Wales has been announced by Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government Mark Drakeford.
- Emergency ambulance response continues to improve
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
- Building Regulations Sustainability Review
- Support for foundation years
- Support for postgraduate study and part-time engineering, technology or computer science degrees
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Collections, Infrastructure and Markets Sector Plan
This plan seeks to create a sustainable approach to resource management by:
- ensuring that a high volume of clean, recycling is separated at source (for example on the door step) is collected and delivered to reprocessors (based in Wales as far as possible); and
- that markets are developed for the recycled material (within Wales as far as possible).
This plan aims to ensure, as far as possible, that that the economic value of the recycled material stays in the Welsh economy.
The plan identifies where improvements in recycling collection are needed and where opportunities to develop infrastructure exist. This plan aims to facilitate infrastructure developments by demonstrating the need for such investments.