UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Waste infrastructure procurement programme
The Waste Infrastructure Procurement Programme helps develop waste treatment facilities for municipal waste.
We work with local authorities, the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) and other stakeholders.
Landfill taxes, lack of landfill space and the environmental impact of landfill mean that Wales needs alternatives to landfill. These alternatives include recycling and new waste treatment facilities.
We provide local authorities with advice and funding to help them procure new waste treatment facilities. We also work with local authorities and other stakeholders to ensure that these facilities are sustainable and good value for money.