Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
65 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
We published environmental noise action plans in January 2009 under the Environmental Noise Directive. Following this, we developed procedures for implementing parts of the Directive. This included a procedure for the designation of quiet areas in agglomerations (large urban areas).
The local authorities in agglomerations nominated their chosen quiet areas. These must be tranquil areas which are of value to the local community.
The quiet areas are shown in the maps below.