Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Noise can cause annoyance, interrupt conversation, disturb sleep and, in extreme conditions, cause physical damage to those affected. The types of noise that are experienced can be classified into some fairly broad categories – for example, occupational noise which is experienced at work, neighbour or neighbourhood noise caused by people in or around their homes, environmental noise (often called ambient noise) which is generated by transport and industry.
Environmental noise has been addressed by a combination of:
- reducing the level of noise generated by individual vehicles, aircraft etc;
- traffic management schemes; and
- addressing noise at the planning stage of new noise generating or noise sensitive developments.
Such action has considerably reduced the output of noise from individual sources but often failed to reduce the overall environmental noise because of other factors such as the growth in the number of vehicles on our roads.