Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill.
- Launch of Creative Learning through the Arts – an Action Plan for Wales
- 34,000 alcohol-related hospital admissions cost Welsh NHS £109m a year
- Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
26 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Environment Strategy for Wales
We are considering how the Environment Strategy for Wales and its reporting functions are taken forward. This is in the light of work we have undertaken since its launch.
The strategy was published in May 2006. It set out what we wanted to achieve in 20 years time (by 2026), and how to get there.
The last Environment Strategy annual progress report for 2010 – 2011 was published at the end of 2011. This coincided with the end of the second action plan. The most recent State of the Environment Report was published in July 2012.
Since the launch of this strategy we have published:
- One Wales: One Planet – the Sustainable Development Scheme for Wales (2009)
- The Climate Change Strategy for Wales (2010)
- Towards Zero Waste (2010)
- Woodlands for Wales (2011).
We are currently reviewing the Environment Strategy to ensure that we reflect the relevant commitments in the Natural Resource Management Programme.