UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
79 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Environment Strategy for Wales
We are considering how the Environment Strategy for Wales and its reporting functions are taken forward. This is in the light of work we have undertaken since its launch.
The strategy was published in May 2006. It set out what we wanted to achieve in 20 years time (by 2026), and how to get there.
The last Environment Strategy annual progress report for 2010 – 2011 was published at the end of 2011. This coincided with the end of the second action plan. The most recent State of the Environment Report was published in July 2012.
Since the launch of this strategy we have published:
- One Wales: One Planet – the Sustainable Development Scheme for Wales (2009)
- The Climate Change Strategy for Wales (2010)
- Towards Zero Waste (2010)
- Woodlands for Wales (2011).
We are currently reviewing the Environment Strategy to ensure that we reflect the relevant commitments in the Natural Resource Management Programme.