Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
New figures show that more GP practices in Wales are open between 8.00am and 6.30pm.
- Chinese entrepreneur to open two new stores in Wales
- Ebbw Vale Enterprise Zone expands to include three new sites
- More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Environmental Evidence Programme
Supporting an appropriate and robust evidence base for policy development.
The programme is committed to collaborative working with both internal and external partners to deliver cross cutting and Welsh specific evidence. The activity is underpinned by Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015, Environment (Wales) Act 2016 and Programme for Government.
Collaborative projects supported and funded by the programme:
- Development of a coastal community typology for Wales - The research was commissioned to provide specific insights into the characteristics of Welsh coastal communities to support marine planning.
- Payments for ecosystems - Payments to land managers and others to increase the resilience of ecosystems.
- Welsh emissions infographics - High standard interactive infographics are used to display Wales’ progress towards emissions targets.
- UK Upland Waters Monitoring Network (external link) - This network monitors the chemical and ecological impact of acid deposition in areas of the UK believed to be sensitive to acidification.
- Air Quality in Wales (external link) - This is the website of the Welsh Air Quality Forum. It provides comprehensive monitoring data from local authorities.
- UK Cetacean Strandings Investigation Programme (external link) - This programme co-ordinates the investigation of all whales, dolphins and porpoises (collectively known as cetaceans), marine turtles and basking sharks that strand around the UK coastline.
- UK Environmental Change Network (external link) - This network provides data, monitoring and research to detect and interpret environmental change.
- National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory (external link) - This site provides an independent estimate of the UK’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Marine Climate Change Impacts Partnership (external link) - This partnership develops and co-ordinates an evidence base about marine climate change impacts.
- Research and Innovation for our Dynamic Environment Forum (external site) - A network of 20 UK public-sector organisations that fund, carry out and use environmental research.
Strategic Evidence and Assessment Branch