Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The contaminated land regime is referred to as "Part IIA" or "Part 2A", meaning Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and related guidance and regulations.
Part 2A was inserted into the Environmental Protection Act 1990 by section 57 of the Environment Act 1995. The Environment Act 1995 (Commencement No 20 and Saving Provision) (Wales) Order 2001 was made on 14 September 2001, and under article 2(1) brought section 57 of the Environment Act 1995 into force on 15 September 2001.
Radioactive Contaminated Land (modification of enactments) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2008
The Regulations make minor technical amendments necessary to bring the radioactive contaminated land regime in line with the new Environmental Permitting (EP) regime. The EP regime came into force on 6 April 2008 and can be found under relevant documents.