Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
New provisional figures published today show recycling in Wales continues to increase and is at its highest ever recorded level.
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Sky lanterns: environmental and risk assessment
Health and welfare of livestock and pets, including animal disease information.
Annual litter clean up costs around £70 million in Wales which has to be met by taxpayers.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
This study was jointly commissioned by English and Welsh Governments to establish an evidence base to help any future policy decisions on sky lanterns and helium balloons.
The study aimed to identify and assess the risks of sky lanterns and helium balloons to:
- livestock health and welfare
- the environment (including litter)
- fire risk
- damage to marine life
- consumer safety.
The objectives of the project were:
- to gather evidence, through a literature review and telephone interviews
- to evaluate this evidence, develop the ‘evidence base’ on the impacts of sky lanterns and helium balloons and to draw conclusions
- to prepare and deliver a final report.
Executive summary (Welsh only) (File size: 129KB)