Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Fixed penalty notices
Fixed penalties can provide enforcement agencies with an effective and visible way of responding to low-level environmental crimes. The Welsh Assembly Government wishes to encourage their use by local authorities and other agencies.
Experience has shown that the public generally welcomes the use of fixed penalties, provided that they are issued sensibly, enforced even handedly and are seen as a response to genuine problems.
This guidance covers fixed penalty notices issued for environmental offences under:
- the Environmental Protection Act 1990;
- the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003; and
- other legislation, as amended and extended by the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.