Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
- Welsh Government seeks innovative ideas to tackle childhood obesity with healthier and cheaper food choices
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
- New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Fixed penalty notices
Fixed penalties can provide enforcement agencies with an effective and visible way of responding to low-level environmental crimes. The Welsh Assembly Government wishes to encourage their use by local authorities and other agencies.
Experience has shown that the public generally welcomes the use of fixed penalties, provided that they are issued sensibly, enforced even handedly and are seen as a response to genuine problems.
This guidance covers fixed penalty notices issued for environmental offences under:
- the Environmental Protection Act 1990;
- the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003; and
- other legislation, as amended and extended by the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.