UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Fixed penalty notices
Fixed penalties can provide enforcement agencies with an effective and visible way of responding to low-level environmental crimes. The Welsh Assembly Government wishes to encourage their use by local authorities and other agencies.
Experience has shown that the public generally welcomes the use of fixed penalties, provided that they are issued sensibly, enforced even handedly and are seen as a response to genuine problems.
This guidance covers fixed penalty notices issued for environmental offences under:
- the Environmental Protection Act 1990;
- the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003; and
- other legislation, as amended and extended by the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.