Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We are working with local partners and communities to help make Wales cleaner, safer and tidier.
The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act provides powers to deal with problems affecting the quality of our local environment. This is part of measures on anti-social behaviour, vandalism, disorder and crime.
The Act provides local authorities and community councils and Natural Resources Wales with more effective powers and tools to tackle poor environmental quality and anti-social behaviour.
Local Environmental Quality Team
We deal with issues that affect the local environment of Wales.
We recognise that there is a link between the state of the local environment, anti-social behaviour and fear of crime. Mistreating and neglecting the local environment creates a sense of unease, which can intensify problems of anti-social behaviour.
If you would like to contact us, please e-mail LEQ@wales.gsi.gov.uk.