New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
£5million loan scheme to improve local sport facilities and get Wales active
A £5million interest free loan scheme will improve local sport and recreation facilities across Wales and encourage more people to get physically active.
- Schools and workplaces acting to restrict e-cigarette use
- New package to attract doctors to Wales
- £5million loan scheme to improve local sport facilities and get Wales active
- Consultation on the Agricultural Advisory Panel for Wales - 2015
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- Consultation on a Private Rented Sector Code of Practice for Landlords and Agents
- Call for evidence on the use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Wales) Regulations 2015
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We are working with local partners and communities to help make Wales cleaner, safer and tidier.
The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act provides powers to deal with problems affecting the quality of our local environment. This is part of measures on anti-social behaviour, vandalism, disorder and crime.
The Act provides local authorities and community councils and Natural Resources Wales with more effective powers and tools to tackle poor environmental quality and anti-social behaviour.
Local Environmental Quality Team
We deal with issues that affect the local environment of Wales.
We recognise that there is a link between the state of the local environment, anti-social behaviour and fear of crime. Mistreating and neglecting the local environment creates a sense of unease, which can intensify problems of anti-social behaviour.
If you would like to contact us, please e-mail LEQ@wales.gsi.gov.uk.