UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
71 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We are working with local partners and communities to help make Wales cleaner, safer and tidier.
The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005
The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act provides powers to deal with problems affecting the quality of our local environment. This is part of measures on anti-social behaviour, vandalism, disorder and crime.
The Act provides local authorities and community councils and Natural Resources Wales with more effective powers and tools to tackle poor environmental quality and anti-social behaviour.
Local Environmental Quality Team
We deal with issues that affect the local environment of Wales.
We recognise that there is a link between the state of the local environment, anti-social behaviour and fear of crime. Mistreating and neglecting the local environment creates a sense of unease, which can intensify problems of anti-social behaviour.
If you would like to contact us, please e-mail LEQ@wales.gsi.gov.uk.