Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
First Minister Carwyn Jones is in Doha to develop Wales’ economic relationship with Qatar.
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
How we will make a difference
In Energy Wales, we have committed to achieving a low carbon economy – this is what we will do to achieve it.
As we deliver, we also want to deliver economic benefits, jobs, and community benefits. We also need to carefully manage our natural environment.
- Engage and support businesses that help us to achieve our low carbon ambition
- Strive to ensure that our regulatory processes are as simple and efficient as they can be
- Engage the UK Government so there is a framework for development of a low carbon economy and that they address current inequalities
- Support our vital energy intensive industries
- Become more energy efficient
- Focus on low carbon sources of energy generation and approaches and deliver lower emissions
- Help the most vulnerable in Welsh society and ensure that costs of reform do not fall disproportionately on poor households
- Make the most sustainable use of Wales’ resources through Sustaining a Living Wales and Towards Zero Waste.
We are committed to ensuring that our action on energy supports Wales’ move to a low carbon economy and maximises the opportunity to generate long term wealth. We will do this by focusing on:
- Providing leadership on Energy in Wales
- Maximising the benefits energy can deliver for Wales
- Acting for Wales’ long term energy future.
The First Minister gave an oral statement on our progress on 14 May 2013.