Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Acerchem International a leading Chinese health and nutraceutical group is to establish its European HQ and R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales.
- New EU project to help grow the fisheries industry in Wales and Ireland
- Three quarters of a million pounds for Little Haven flood alleviation scheme
- Chinese health and nurtraceutical group to open European HQ, R&D and manufacturing centre in Wales
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
How we will make a difference
In Energy Wales, we have committed to achieving a low carbon economy – this is what we will do to achieve it.
As we deliver, we also want to deliver economic benefits, jobs, and community benefits. We also need to carefully manage our natural environment.
- Engage and support businesses that help us to achieve our low carbon ambition
- Strive to ensure that our regulatory processes are as simple and efficient as they can be
- Engage the UK Government so there is a framework for development of a low carbon economy and that they address current inequalities
- Support our vital energy intensive industries
- Become more energy efficient
- Focus on low carbon sources of energy generation and approaches and deliver lower emissions
- Help the most vulnerable in Welsh society and ensure that costs of reform do not fall disproportionately on poor households
- Make the most sustainable use of Wales’ resources through Sustaining a Living Wales and Towards Zero Waste.
We are committed to ensuring that our action on energy supports Wales’ move to a low carbon economy and maximises the opportunity to generate long term wealth. We will do this by focusing on:
- Providing leadership on Energy in Wales
- Maximising the benefits energy can deliver for Wales
- Acting for Wales’ long term energy future.
The First Minister gave an oral statement on our progress on 14 May 2013.