Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New £13m ALN School opened
A new 100 place school for pupils with additional learning needs (ALN) has been officially opened by the Minister for Lifelong Learning and Welsh Language, Alun Davies.
- Finance trilateral meeting - UK Government must give greater clarity about budgets
- Cabinet Secretary welcomes positive response to EIDCymru
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- New £13m ALN School opened
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Our policies and actions to help create a sustainable, low carbon economy for Wales.
Wales was once a world leader in carbon-based energy. We want Wales to be the same for low carbon energy.
Our aim is to enhance the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the people and communities of Wales. We want to ensure that the move to a low carbon economy results in a wealthier, more resilient and sustainable future for Wales. We want to work in partnership with private, public and social sectors to make this happen. Working with business to deliver these aims is one of our major priorities.
We want to take a genuinely sustainable approach to changing to a low carbon economy. We believe the Energy Wales programme will deliver wide benefits for Wales. We believe this will be good for the long-term interests of business and our communities.
- Cabinet Secretary opens Wales’ first Solar Village
- Welsh Government announces 100% renewable electricity for public services ahead of COP22
- On the crest of a wave - Wales marine energy sector takes centre stage at Ocean Energy Europe
- Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme