First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the next tranche in a series of major investments as part of an ongoing programme of support to secure the long term future of the Tata steel works in Wales.
- Attainment gap for those on free school meals closes again
- Significant fall in diagnostics and therapy waits in Wales
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Our policies and actions to help create a sustainable, low carbon economy for Wales.
Wales was once a world leader in carbon-based energy. We want Wales to be the same for low carbon energy.
Our aim is to enhance the economic, social and environmental wellbeing of the people and communities of Wales. We want to ensure that the move to a low carbon economy results in a wealthier, more resilient and sustainable future for Wales. We want to work in partnership with private, public and social sectors to make this happen. Working with business to deliver these aims is one of our major priorities.
We want to take a genuinely sustainable approach to changing to a low carbon economy. We believe the Energy Wales programme will deliver wide benefits for Wales. We believe this will be good for the long-term interests of business and our communities.
- Welsh Government announces 100% renewable electricity for public services ahead of COP22
- On the crest of a wave - Wales marine energy sector takes centre stage at Ocean Energy Europe
- Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme
- Welsh Government welcomes Brechfa's connection to the grid