Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh Government introduces Bill to challenge UK Government’s “damaging and divisive” Trade Union Act
A Bill reversing the effect of the UK Government’s Trade Union Act is expected to be introduced in the National Assembly for Wales today.
- Over £31m to improve health services for mothers and babies
- Cerys Matthews and Iwan Rheon named as Year of Legends Ambassadors
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Welsh Government introduces Bill to challenge UK Government’s “damaging and divisive” Trade Union Act
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Natural Resources Wales
Natural Resources Wales is a new body that will influence how we and others manage, use and enjoy Wales’ natural resources to benefit people, the economy and wildlife.
On 01 April 2013, Natural Resources Wales took over the work of Countryside Council for Wales, Environment Agency Wales and Forestry Commission Wales.
It has also taken over some work we used to do.
Why was Natural Resources Wales created?
Wales faces many challenges. These include:
- challenges for the people and communities of Wales, our economy and our environment
- ensuring energy and fuel supply
- providing jobs and income
- dealing with climate change and flooding
- improving people’s health and well-being.
To meet these challenges Wales needs new ways of thinking and doing things. Natural Resources Wales was created to bring together the management of our natural resources and environment to help us make the best decisions.
Find out more
There is more information on the Natural Resources Wales website (external link) about their work.