Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
Since the introduction of the Help to Buy Wales scheme in 2014 a total of 4,949 property purchases were completed using a Welsh Government Help to Buy-Wales shared equity loan.
- New funding lays the foundations for Wales Co-operative Housing initiative
- Avian Influenza Prevention Zone to end on 30 April
- Carl Sargeant welcomes Help to Buy success
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Rights of way and wider access
We develop policy and guidance to enable people, regardless of their means and abilities, to access the outdoors for recreation.
Wales is increasingly being seen internationally as a quality recreation destination.
- around 20,500 miles (33,000 km) of public rights of way - the rules and procedures governing rights of way are set out under a complex set of legislation. These cover walkers, cyclists, horse riders, carriage drivers and motor vehicle users.
- 460,000 hectares of access land - Part 1 of the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 came into force in Wales in May 2005. It led to one fifth of the country being mapped as accessible to walkers. For more information visit the Natural Resources for Wales website (external link).
- 1,200 miles of the National Cycle Network - for more information visit the Sustrans website (external link).
- approximately 370 miles of mountain bike trails - for further information visit the Visit Wales website (external link).
National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act 1949 (external link)
Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (external link)
Highways Act 1980 (external link)
Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 (external link)