New law to reform regulation and inspection of social care in Wales passed
A new law reforming the way Wales’ care and support services are regulated and inspected has been approved by Assembly Members.
- Minister visits £2m fuel poverty project
- Sprinkler systems to be fitted in all new and converted housing from 2016
- New law to reform regulation and inspection of social care in Wales passed
- Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- Green Growth Wales – Options for investment support
- Draft water resources planning guideline
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 10 and Technical Advice Note 4: Retail Centre Development
- Revision of the Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice for Wales
- The Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
We have developed a new approach to managing our environment and natural resources.
This was needed because changes in our society are having an impact on our natural resources – our air, water, and landscapes and wildlife.
The Living Wales Programme worked on this new approach between 2010 and 2013.
This programme covered two main areas:
- how we make future decisions to balance all the demands that we put on our natural resources. This involves considering the requirements for the economy, the environment and for people and communities. We are calling this Natural Resource Management
- creating a new single body, called Natural Resources Wales (external link), to take over the duties of the Countryside Council for Wales, Environment Agency in Wales and Forestry Commission in Wales. Natural Resources Wales became operational on 1 April 2013.