Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh seafood producers to cast their nets far and wide at global showcase
The Minister for Social Services and Public Health, Rebecca Evans will be part of a strong Welsh presence today at Seafood Expo Global 2017, the world’s largest seafood trade fair.
- EU student funding guarantee for Welsh universities announced
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
- Welsh seafood producers to cast their nets far and wide at global showcase
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Nature Fund Projects
20 innovative and collaborative projects are receiving funding across the seven Nature Action Zones and are demonstrating natural resource management in practice.
These projects will provide a number of benefits through a variety of activities specified by the fund, including:
- landscape scale upland management;
- catchment action to improve local water resources and build ecosystem resilience;
- implementing sustainable land management practices;
- involving communities to help develop undervalued green sterile spaces;
- restoring habitats
- establishing mechanisms to create green growth opportunities for farmers and land owners.
Projects fact sheets will appear as they become available.
Snowdonia and Hiraethog Peatland Restoration Project
The “Snowdonia and Hiraethog Peatland Restoration’’ project undertook a range of measures to restore peatland in North Wales. Watch a film (external link) made with the children from schools in the local communities that explain the benefits of the project.
Long Forest project
The “Long Forest” project encouraged the planting and restoration of hedgerows in the Brecon Beacons area. Watch a film (external link) outlining the many environmental, economic and social benefits derived from the project.