Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
EU student funding guarantee for Welsh universities announced
EU students applying for a place at Welsh universities for the 2018/19 academic year will be eligible for financial support, Education Secretary Kirsty Williams announced today (Mon 24 April).
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
- Swansea based Oyster Bay Systems expands and set to create 19 new jobs with Welsh Government support
- EU student funding guarantee for Welsh universities announced
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Memorandum of Understanding on Nature Based Climate Action
It was introduced at UNFCCC COP 21 in Paris in December 2015 by the Welsh Government along with the sub-national governments for Quebec, Manitoba, Catalonia, Basques and Sao Paulo.
Wales is committed to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions to at least 80% of the 1990 baseline by 2050. We recognise the important role that our ecosystems contribute to helping achieve this commitment through the sustainable management of natural resources and nature based solutions. Nature-based solutions are interventions which use nature and the natural functions of ecosystems to tackle some of our key challenges in a cost effective, efficient way.
- Brings sub-national governments together willing to ensure that nature based solutions are a mechanism of climate action
- Offers an opportunity for states, regions, and cities to share ideas and best practices on the role nature bases solutions offer for climate adaptation and mitigation
- Provides a model for other sub-national governments to join
- Provides a platform for collaboration and cooperation opportunities to increase technical and scientific understanding
- Promote investments to enhance ecosystem resilience as part of the response to climate change
- Look to natural and green infrastructure solutions
- Use tools and assessments that promote a wider understanding of the wider value of biodiversity and healthy ecosystems
- Develop tools that measure the benefits of joined up approaches
- Increase technical and scientific cooperation