New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
Securing a brighter future by switching out the lights
Many buildings across the Welsh Government’s estate along with Cadw’s monuments will be in darkness this Saturday when lights are switched off in support of the WWF’s Earth Hour.
- New plans to reduce the number of children living in poverty
- £5million loan scheme to improve local sport facilities and get Wales active
- Securing a brighter future by switching out the lights
- Consultation on the Agricultural Advisory Panel for Wales - 2015
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- Consultation on a Private Rented Sector Code of Practice for Landlords and Agents
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Conservation and Biodiversity
Biodiversity is the variety of plants and animals we share the planet with and the places they live.
The ecosystems they make up are our life support system which provides us with all our food and medicines and ensures that we have clean air, clean water and fertile soils.
What you can do
You can pledge your support for halting the loss of biodiversity (external link) by visiting the Wales Biodiversity Partnership website.
What we are doing
We work closely with the Wales Biodiversity Partnership (WBP) (external link). The WBP is made up of key individuals and organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors. WBP provide leadership and expertise on priorities for action on biodiversity in Wales and promote and monitor the delivery those actions.