Welsh Ambulance Service exceeds eight-minute target
Almost 70% of people with life-threatening illnesses and injuries received an emergency response within eight minutes.
- Public Services Minister marks White Ribbon Day
- New law to reform regulation and inspection of social care in Wales passed
- Welsh Ambulance Service exceeds eight-minute target
- Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- Green Growth Wales – Options for investment support
- Draft water resources planning guideline
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 10 and Technical Advice Note 4: Retail Centre Development
- Revision of the Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice for Wales
- The Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Conservation and Biodiversity
Biodiversity is the variety of plants and animals we share the planet with and the places they live.
The ecosystems they make up are our life support system which provides us with all our food and medicines and ensures that we have clean air, clean water and fertile soils.
What we are doing
We work closely with the Wales Biodiversity Partnership (WBP) (external link). The WBP is made up of key individuals and organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors. WBP provide leadership and expertise on priorities for action on biodiversity in Wales and promote and monitor the delivery those actions.
In November 2010 the National Assembly for Wales’ Sustainability Committee undertook an inquiry into Biodiversity in Wales. In response, the Minister agreed that we should complete a biodiversity audit of all departments and agencies.