Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
The Welsh Government has launched a marketing campaign to urge the public to contact the Welsh Government’s Resource Efficient Wales helpline.
- Plan unveiled to signpost visitors to Welsh culinary gems
- Ground-breaking Acts receive Royal Assent
- New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Tax devolution in Wales - Consultation on a Land Transaction Tax
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Conservation and Biodiversity
Biodiversity is the variety of plants and animals we share the planet with and the places they live.
The ecosystems they make up are our life support system which provides us with all our food and medicines and ensures that we have clean air, clean water and fertile soils.
What we are doing
We work closely with the Wales Biodiversity Partnership (WBP) (external link). The WBP is made up of key individuals and organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors. WBP provide leadership and expertise on priorities for action on biodiversity in Wales and promote and monitor the delivery those actions.