Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
Health Service employees in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan will be first in Wales to get an opportunity to ask Mr Gething questions.
- Increase in funding to help Wales’ most disadvantaged pupils – Kirsty Williams
- Extra £7 million for innovative all-Wales autism service
- Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Climate change is the way the world's climate is changing as a result of the level of gases in the atmosphere.
We explain how we are currently working to tackle the causes and effects of climate change in our Climate Change Strategy for Wales.
We have also introduced legislation in Wales which puts sustainable development at the centre of government and the public service in Wales. The Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act places climate change at the heart of the Government, requiring a whole Government approach. The Environment (Wales) Act complements thisby establishing a clear statutory basis for decision making, fully recognises the central importance of climate change.
Unchecked climate change is one of the most serious global threats the world faces. It threatens the basic elements of life for people and environments around the world – for example access to water, food production, health and the use of land.
We can do something about climate change, if all of us work together. As a society we need to do two things to tackle the challenge of climate change:
- we need to reduce the greenhouse gases we produce through changing the way we produce and use energy
- we need to prepare for the changes that are already happening because of the greenhouse gases which have already been produced.
- European programmes to deliver millions for rural and coastal Wales, says Rebecca Evans
- Leading State and Regional Governments sign key international memorandum for Climate Action in Paris
- Minister to highlight pioneering Welsh approach to tackling climate change in Paris
- Climate change top of the agenda for Welsh pupils ahead of COP21