Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral to Wales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
- Draft National Transport Plan 2015
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Pig keepers' guidance
Whether you keep one pig as a pet or a commercial herd you need to follow certain rules regarding the identification of your animal.
The Pigs (Records, Identification and Movement) (Wales) Order (PRIMO) legislation changed on 25th November 2011.
Pig keepers are reminded that a haulier summary (HS) document is used to move pigs.
Before pig movements take place, the keeper must pre-notify the British Pig Executive (BPEX) online or via the Meat and Livestock Commercial Services Limited (MLCSL) bureau service.
Any changes to the movement information after pre-notifying can be made within 24 hours of the move taking place by phone, fax, post, text message or online.
The bureau service managed by MLCSL will provide a free service for those keepers who do not or cannot report movements online. Those keepers can either prenotify by phone, fax or post details of the move to the bureau service.
Moves to markets or collection centres do not need to be pre-notified. A paper copy of the haulier summary can be completed by hand on the day of the move. The market or collection centre will notify both the details of the off farm move and on move to their premises to BPEX on the day the animals arrive. Copies of the blank haulier summary will be available from markets or from BPEX/MLCSL.
For more information visit the British Pig Executive (BPEX) website (external link)