UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
70 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Biosecurity is the way farmers and owners of farm animals can reduce the risk of disease.
Biosecurity is essential to reduce disease spread, particularly of highly infectious diseases such as Foot and Mouth disease.
Better biosecurity provides peace of mind, healthy stock and a more viable business.
Benefits of maintaining good biosecurity include:
- helps to protect your animals, your neighbours' animals and the countryside
- helps to keep disease out
- reduces the potential spread of disease
- helps to keep more animals healthy
- can cut costs of disease prevention and treatment
- can improves farm efficiency.