Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Recycling in Wales reaches record high
New provisional figures published today show recycling in Wales continues to increase and is at its highest ever recorded level.
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Flintshire healthcare project helping people stay independent
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
68 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Biosecurity is the way farmers and owners of farm animals can reduce the risk of disease.
Biosecurity is essential to reduce disease spread, particularly of highly infectious diseases such as Foot and Mouth disease.
Better biosecurity provides peace of mind, healthy stock and a more viable business.
Benefits of maintaining good biosecurity include:
- helps to protect your animals, your neighbours' animals and the countryside
- helps to keep disease out
- reduces the potential spread of disease
- helps to keep more animals healthy
- can cut costs of disease prevention and treatment
- can improves farm efficiency.