Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Animal health and welfare
We are responsible for the control and, where possible, the eradication of animal disease in Wales to improve the health and welfare of our animals.
Disease outbreaks and the measures to control them can carry wide and costly consequences for public health, the economy and the environment. Also, the way we treat animals is an important reflection of the values of our society. This means that improving the health and welfare of animals is important to all of us.
We aim to secure lasting improvements in the agriculture sector and safeguard the future for farmers in Wales by:
- protecting and improving the quality of Welsh stock
- controlling and eradicating diseases.
We also take action to prevent disease getting into the food chain by:
- monitoring animal movements
- veterinary surveillance
- ensuring that animals or meat from infected areas are not imported into Wales.