“NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
NHS Bursaries for eligible student nurses, midwives and allied health professionals will continue to be available in Wales in 2017/18.
- Welsh Government appoints Emma Watkins to key role
- People with diabetes deserve the best possible care and support - says Health Secretary
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Animal health and welfare
We are responsible for the control and, where possible, the eradication of animal disease in Wales to improve the health and welfare of our animals.
Avian Influenza Prevention Zone
An Avian Influenza Prevention Zone declaration was declared by the Welsh Ministers on 6 December 2016. This means extra biosecurity measures for all poultry and captive birds to protect them from the risk from wild birds.
Controlling disease outbreaks
Disease outbreaks and the measures to control them can carry wide and costly consequences for public health, the economy and the environment. Also, the way we treat animals is an important reflection of the values of our society. This means that improving the health and welfare of animals is important to all of us.
We aim to secure lasting improvements in the agriculture sector and safeguard the future for farmers in Wales by:
- protecting and improving the quality of Welsh stock
- controlling and eradicating diseases.
We also take action to prevent disease getting into the food chain by:
- monitoring animal movements
- veterinary surveillance
- ensuring that animals or meat from infected areas are not imported into Wales.