Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Animal health and welfare
We are responsible for the control and, where possible, the eradication of animal disease in Wales to improve the health and welfare of our animals.
Disease outbreaks and the measures to control them can carry wide and costly consequences for public health, the economy and the environment. Also, the way we treat animals is an important reflection of the values of our society. This means that improving the health and welfare of animals is important to all of us.
We aim to secure lasting improvements in the agriculture sector and safeguard the future for farmers in Wales by:
- protecting and improving the quality of Welsh stock
- controlling and eradicating diseases.
We also take action to prevent disease getting into the food chain by:
- monitoring animal movements
- veterinary surveillance
- ensuring that animals or meat from infected areas are not imported into Wales.