Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
The Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales are contributing £10,000 of funding each to enable a Welsh team to compete in the Special Olympics National Games in Sheffield this summer.
- Appointments to Advisory Panel on Substance Misuse
- Superfast birth boosts business for Pwllheli farm
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
About this topic
We are committed to tackling the challenges facing our environment whilst also strengthening the rural economy.
This includes our vision for Welsh farming which is at the heart of a sustainable countryside and rural economy.
We want to create places for people to live, work and visit that are both economically and environmentally sustainable. To do this we need to make best use of our resources to make sure we are using only our fair share. We want to improve the way we manage and regulate our land, sea, air and water.
We will do this by:
- Living within our environmental limits and acting on climate change.
- Supporting healthy eco-systems.
- Creating sustainable places for people.
- Supporting the farming, food and fisheries industries to become more sustainable and profitable.
- Controlling and trying to eradicate animal diseases.
- Supporting the food production industry and apply best practice with the dairy, horticulture and fisheries sectors.
- Diversifying and strengthening the rural economy.