£1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
More than £1bn of EU structural funds have been invested in schemes across Wales
- New prestigious awards to recognise the best in Welsh teaching
- Welsh Government gets behind Small Business Saturday
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- £1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
About this topic
We are committed to tackling the challenges facing our environment whilst also strengthening the rural economy.
This includes our vision for Welsh farming which is at the heart of a sustainable countryside and rural economy.
We want to create places for people to live, work and visit that are both economically and environmentally sustainable. To do this we need to make best use of our resources to make sure we are using only our fair share. We want to improve the way we manage and regulate our land, sea, air and water.
We will do this by:
- Living within our environmental limits and acting on climate change.
- Supporting healthy eco-systems.
- Creating sustainable places for people.
- Supporting the farming, food and fisheries industries to become more sustainable and profitable.
- Controlling and trying to eradicate animal diseases.
- Supporting the food production industry and apply best practice with the dairy, horticulture and fisheries sectors.
- Diversifying and strengthening the rural economy.