UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
About this topic
We are committed to tackling the challenges facing our environment whilst also strengthening the rural economy.
This includes our vision for Welsh farming which is at the heart of a sustainable countryside and rural economy.
We want to create places for people to live, work and visit that are both economically and environmentally sustainable. To do this we need to make best use of our resources to make sure we are using only our fair share. We want to improve the way we manage and regulate our land, sea, air and water.
We will do this by:
- Living within our environmental limits and acting on climate change.
- Supporting healthy eco-systems.
- Creating sustainable places for people.
- Supporting the farming, food and fisheries industries to become more sustainable and profitable.
- Controlling and trying to eradicate animal diseases.
- Supporting the food production industry and apply best practice with the dairy, horticulture and fisheries sectors.
- Diversifying and strengthening the rural economy.