First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the next tranche in a series of major investments as part of an ongoing programme of support to secure the long term future of the Tata steel works in Wales.
- Attainment gap for those on free school meals closes again
- Significant fall in diagnostics and therapy waits in Wales
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Wales Union Learning Fund: 2016-2018 bidding round
The bidding round commences on 16th November 2015 and closes on 8th January 2016.
Any certificated Trade Union with members based in Wales, whether or not it is affiliated to the Trade Union Congress (TUC), is eligible to apply. All applications received will be assessed by an assessment panel against the criteria set out in the Prospectus.
The 2016-2018 WULF prospectus continues its theme from the 2012 bidding round, with a focus on Trade Unions developing the employability and essential skills of the workforce, with a particular emphasis on removing barriers for non-traditional learners, in partnership with employers and others.
New projects will need to give consideration to the skills and employability needs of employers and employees in their areas. They will need to form close working relationships with the Regional Skills Partnerships to enable, and support, learning that aligns with existing skills shortages and emerging skills requirements.