Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
A new two-year contract to cut out more red tape from GPs’ workloads in Wales has been agreed by the Welsh Government and GPC Wales.
- Bill a chance to provide the Wales We Want for our future generations
- St David’s Day marks nine months to go until Wales changes its organ donation law
- Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
28 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Other Programmes - Skills
We are in the process of developing training programmes to meet the needs of specific sectors, such as the automotive or the electronics industry. These programmes will ensure that the training provision offered is relevant, up to date and meets the needs of each sector we serve perfectly.
ESF Funded projects
We regularly introduce new programmes with specific objectives in mind. We may for instance, target a particular region requiring support or focus on a specific skills shortfall across Wales.
Often the European Social Fund will help to support these projects with match funding which means we can subsidise the cost to businesses or offer the provision for free.
College Services For Businesses
Further Education colleges also offer an excellent range of services and can provide customised training for employees, business support and consultancy services, as well as modern IT and conference facilities.
Options range from professional courses, work based learning, technical courses and short courses for businesses.
You can view more information at the Colleges Wales website.