New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
Full devolution of Non-domestic rates marks a major first milestone for fiscal devolution
The full devolution of non-domestic rates in Wales from today marks a major first milestone for fiscal devolution in Wales, Finance and Government Business Minister Jane Hutt said.
- Princes Gate Spring Water embarks on most significant investment to date
- University and Hospital show Minister how Invest to Save is helping them deliver more efficient services
- Full devolution of Non-domestic rates marks a major first milestone for fiscal devolution
- Proposals for the Basic Payment Scheme
- Consultation on the Agricultural Advisory Panel for Wales - 2015
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
ReAct for employers
ReAct helps people affected by redundancy gain new skills and encourages recruiting employers to employ a redundant worker.
Get two packages for taking on someone who has been made redundant:
- Employer Recruitment Support funds employers who recruit individuals made redundant in the past 3 months. The award offers up to £3,000 paid in four instalments as a contribution towards wage costs
- Employer Training Support is a separate discretionary fund of up to £1,000 that an employer can put towards the cost of the new recruit’s job-related training.
Employers can choose whether to apply for Recruitment Support alone or Recruitment and Training Support. Employer Training Support can only be used in conjunction with Employer Recruitment Support.
Who qualifies for the funding?
Employer Recruitment and Training Support is available to your business if the individual you wish to recruit is either under formal notice of redundancy or has become unemployed in the last 3 months as a result of redundancy.
The individual must have been a resident in Wales at the time they first became eligible for ReAct.
Individuals working 25 hours per week or more will attract a full wage subsidy whilst those employed between 16 - 24 hours per week will receive a wage subsidy equal to 50% of the full time rate. Employees who work less than 16 hours per week are not eligible for funding.
Employer Recruitment and Training Support is available if:
- your business is expanding and the post is new
- you are seeking a justifiable replacement for a vacant post
- your business does not have a director in common with the company that made the person you want to recruit redundant
- the job is at least 16 hours per week
- the job is expected to last for at least 12 months
- the job is not being supported by any other public or European Funding
- your business has not reached the ‘de minimis’ threshold for State Aid rules.
Important note: Individuals who might otherwise have been eligible are disqualified for funding if they have:
- started working for you before your application for ReAct funding has been approved
- received paid employment of any kind continuously for 6 weeks or more in the 3 months prior to applying for support
- undertaken any publicly-funded training, including the work based learning suite of programmes, since being made redundant.
Find out more
You can get more information on ReAct from the Skills Delivery Team in Swansea:
Skills Delivery Team
Waterside Business Park
Clos Llyn Cwm
Swansea Enterprise Park
Swansea SA6 8AH
The Skills Delivery Team: email@example.com.
The Skills Delivery Team: 01792 765888.