Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
The opening of Surf Snowdonia in Dolgarrog in the Conwy Valley this Saturday gives Wales another iconic adventure tourism attraction and makes it an adventure destination to rival any in the world.
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Launching Saundersfoot Harbour to international success
- Wales rides the wave as Surf Snowdonia officially opens
- Draft statutory guidance on the National Training Framework on violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Consultation on the Proposals for the Interim Agricultural Wages Order
- Developments of National Significance
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
54 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
ReAct for employers
ReAct helps people affected by redundancy gain new skills and encourages recruiting employers to employ a redundant worker.
Get two packages for taking on someone who has been made redundant:
- Employer Recruitment Support funds employers who recruit individuals made redundant in the past 3 months. The award offers up to £3,000 paid in four instalments as a contribution towards wage costs
- Employer Training Support is a separate discretionary fund of up to £1,000 that an employer can put towards the cost of the new recruit’s job-related training.
Employers can choose whether to apply for Recruitment Support alone or Recruitment and Training Support. Employer Training Support can only be used in conjunction with Employer Recruitment Support.
Who qualifies for the funding?
Employer Recruitment and Training Support is available to your business if the individual you wish to recruit is either under formal notice of redundancy or has become unemployed in the last 3 months as a result of redundancy.
The individual must have been a resident in Wales at the time they first became eligible for ReAct.
Individuals working 25 hours per week or more will attract a full wage subsidy whilst those employed between 16 - 24 hours per week will receive a wage subsidy equal to 50% of the full time rate. Employees who work less than 16 hours per week are not eligible for funding.
Employer Recruitment and Training Support is available if:
- your business is expanding and the post is new
- you are seeking a justifiable replacement for a vacant post
- your business does not have a director in common with the company that made the person you want to recruit redundant
- the job is at least 16 hours per week
- the job is expected to last for at least 12 months
- the job is not being supported by any other public or European Funding
- your business has not reached the ‘de minimis’ threshold for State Aid rules.
Important note: Individuals who might otherwise have been eligible are disqualified for funding if they have:
- started working for you before your application for ReAct funding has been approved
- received paid employment of any kind continuously for 6 weeks or more in the 3 months prior to applying for support
- undertaken any publicly-funded training, including the work based learning suite of programmes, since being made redundant.
Find out more
You can get more information on ReAct from the Skills Delivery Team in Swansea:
Skills Delivery Team
Waterside Business Park
Clos Llyn Cwm
Swansea Enterprise Park
Swansea SA6 8AH
The Skills Delivery Team: email@example.com.
The Skills Delivery Team: 01792 765888.