Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
The Welsh Government has “hit the ground running” during its first 100 days as it delivers its ambitious programme of building a united, connected and sustainable Wales, Carwyn Jones has said.
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Proposed changes to how environmental impact assessment applies to town and country planning
72 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
ReAct for employers
ReAct helps people affected by redundancy gain new skills and encourages recruiting employers to employ a redundant worker.
Get 2 packages for taking on someone who has been made redundant:
- Employer Recruitment Support funds employers who recruit individuals made redundant in the past 3 months. The award offers up to £3,000 paid in 4 instalments as a contribution towards wage costs
- Employer Training Support is a separate discretionary fund of up to £1,000 that an employer can put towards the cost of the new recruit’s job-related training.
Employers can choose whether to apply for Recruitment Support alone or Recruitment and Training Support. Employer Training Support can only be used in conjunction with Employer Recruitment Support.
Who qualifies for the funding
Employer Recruitment and Training Support is available to your business if the individual you wish to recruit is either under formal notice of redundancy or has become unemployed in the last 3 months as a result of redundancy.
The individual must have been a resident in Wales at the time they first became eligible for ReAct.
Individuals working 25 hours per week or more will attract a full wage subsidy whilst those employed between 16 - 24 hours per week will receive a wage subsidy equal to 50% of the full time rate. Employees who work less than 16 hours per week are not eligible for funding.
Employer Recruitment and Training Support is available if:
- your business is expanding and the post is new
- you are seeking a justifiable replacement for a vacant post
- your business does not have a director in common with the company that made the person you want to recruit redundant
- the job is at least 16 hours per week
- the job is expected to last for at least 12 months
- the job is not being supported by any other public or European Funding
- your business has not reached the ‘de minimis’ threshold for State Aid rules.
Important note: Individuals who might otherwise have been eligible are disqualified for funding if they have:
- started working for you before your application for ReAct funding has been approved
- received paid employment of any kind continuously for 6 weeks or more in the 3 months prior to applying for support
- undertaken any publicly-funded training, including the work based learning suite of programmes, since being made redundant.
Find out more
You can get more information on ReAct from the Skills Delivery Team in Swansea:
Skills Delivery Team
Waterside Business Park
Clos Llyn Cwm
Swansea Enterprise Park
Swansea SA6 8AH
The Skills Delivery Team: email@example.com
The Skills Delivery Team: 01792 765888
The ReAct programme is funded by the Welsh Government with support from the European Social Fund.