Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £6.7m investment in new IT system to integrate NHS and social services in Wales
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
- Protecting Community Assets
- Developments of National Significance
- Geological Disposal of Higher Activity Radioactive Waste: Community Engagement and Implementation Processes
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- Consultation on a Private Rented Sector Code of Practice for Landlords and Agents
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Essential Skills in the Workplace (ESIW) - Employers Guide
Whether you are in the private, public or third sector, improving these skills will help your employees to do their jobs more effectively by giving them the confidence to progress and improve productivity.
Benefits for your business
Investing in the skills of your staff will help you to improve productivity, increase accuracy and offer a better quality of service, thereby strengthening customer relations. By creating an atmosphere of initiative and innovation, you will be seen as an employer of choice – helping you to attract and retain the best staff.
Your reward will be:
- Better response to changes in technology, processes and equipment
- Higher levels of compliance to legal requirements and in particular health and safety legislation
- Enhanced reputation among the workforce and community.
And your workforce will be able to:
Find it easier to understand instructions, take orders and messages more accurately, participate more fully in team activities and follow procedures more confidently. Over time, they will grow in confidence and get more enjoyment out of their jobs.
With your help they can:
- Communicate more effectively
- Grow in confidence
- Use ICT to work more efficiently
- Work safely through better understanding of Health and Safety procedures.
To find out more about addressing essential skills in your workplace email: EssentialSkills@Wales.GSI.Gov.UK.
This project part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.