New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
Princes Gate Spring Water embarks on most significant investment to date
Princes Gate Spring Water is investing £5.5m in a major expansion project with support from the Welsh Government that will double staff numbers and more than triple production volumes.
- University and Hospital show Minister how Invest to Save is helping them deliver more efficient services
- Another 300 young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
- Princes Gate Spring Water embarks on most significant investment to date
- Proposals for the Basic Payment Scheme
- Consultation on the Agricultural Advisory Panel for Wales - 2015
- Changes to the Producer Responsibility regimes for batteries and packaging
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- The Planning (Hazardous Substances) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- The designation of higher education courses at alternative providers for the purpose of student support
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Essential Skills in the Workplace (ESIW) - Employers Guide
Whether you are in the private, public or third sector, improving these skills will help your employees to do their jobs more effectively by giving them the confidence to progress and improve productivity.
Benefits for your business
Investing in the skills of your staff will help you to improve productivity, increase accuracy and offer a better quality of service, thereby strengthening customer relations. By creating an atmosphere of initiative and innovation, you will be seen as an employer of choice – helping you to attract and retain the best staff.
Your reward will be:
- Better response to changes in technology, processes and equipment
- Higher levels of compliance to legal requirements and in particular health and safety legislation
- Enhanced reputation among the workforce and community.
And your workforce will be able to:
Find it easier to understand instructions, take orders and messages more accurately, participate more fully in team activities and follow procedures more confidently. Over time, they will grow in confidence and get more enjoyment out of their jobs.
With your help they can:
- Communicate more effectively
- Grow in confidence
- Use ICT to work more efficiently
- Work safely through better understanding of Health and Safety procedures.
To find out more about addressing essential skills in your workplace email: EssentialSkills@Wales.GSI.Gov.UK.
This project part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.