Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Education Secretary praises Newport school’s role in developing Wales’ digital curriculum
Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has praised St Julian’s Primary for its part in developing how digital skills will be used in the curriculum throughout Wales.
- Council tax payers in Wales continue to pay less than England
- £21 million food innovation project set to safeguard thousands of Welsh jobs
- Education Secretary praises Newport school’s role in developing Wales’ digital curriculum
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Partners and providers
Responsibilities of partners involved in Apprenticeships in Wales.
As apprenticeships are work-based training programmes, most of the training is ‘on the job’ at the employer’s premises. However, the rest will be provided by the employer’s training partner, whether they are a local college or a specialist learning provider.
The learning provider will provide a training mentor for the apprentice, to offer support and guidance. They will work with the apprentice to:
- help decide which apprenticeship is right for them
- explain the way that apprenticeships might work and if funding is available
- agree a training plan
- manage the training and evaluation
- ensure that national quality standards are met and deliver integrated, coherent training.
The Specification of Apprenticeship Standards for Wales (SASW) document sets out the minimum requirements to be included in a recognised Welsh Apprenticeship framework.
For a list of learning providers throughout Wales that can be searched by sector or apprenticeship framework, visit the Careers Wales website (external link).