Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
Finance Secretary Mark Drakeford has announced the Welsh Government will invest an additional £20m in social care in 2017-18.
- Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
- Increase in funding to help Wales’ most disadvantaged pupils – Kirsty Williams
- Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Apprenticeships Skills Policy Plan
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
The Plan addresses reports of skills shortages and the demands of Welsh businesses and the wider economy.
We are committed to delivering 100,000 all-age apprenticeships. Our delivery priorities for 2016 to 2022 are:
- increasing the number of apprentices aged 16-19 – increasing the take-up of apprenticeships amongst 16-19 year olds and raising the number of school leavers going on to high quality apprenticeships.
- addressing skills shortages – developing apprenticeships, particularly in growth sectors and emerging job categories, in line with priorities determined by Regional Skills Partnerships.
- developing higher level skills - focusing on apprenticeships at level 4 and above, where returns tend to be higher and at the level most successful European countries deliver. Continuing to monitor the effectiveness and relevance of Foundation (level 2) Apprenticeships.
- developing skills pathways – integrating apprenticeships into the wider education system.
Aligning the Apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy (File size: 1.8MB)