Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Skills and training
We provide impartial advice and guidance on meeting the training needs of businesses and the individuals they employ.
At every stage of developing a business, there are a wide range of programmes of support available to assist in addressing the skills needs that arise.
We offer businesses recruitment support to allow them to grow their workforce. This support comes through apprenticeships, wage incentives and guidance on how to approach the recruitment process.
We offer training support to allow businesses to develop the skills of their workforce. This support comes through funded and part funded training programmes and guidance on where to access the right training at the right time.
If you are looking to up-skill your existing workforce, or to recruit staff to assist your business, contact our business advisors on 03000 603 000 or visit www.business.wales.gov.uk
Policy statement on skills and Skills implementation plan
In January 2014, we published our long-term ambition for employment and skills policy in Wales. A commitment within the statement was to produce a Skills Implementation Plan which would set out the key actions to be undertaken and their timeline for delivery. These actions support the longer-term reform required to secure a resilient and sustainable skills system for Wales.