Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral to Wales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Pupil Referral Units
We should also be notified when an existing PRU is closed (de-registered). Registration of PRUs ensures that they are included in Estyn’s programme of inspections.
A PRU is not a mainstream school or special school, but is legally both a type of school and education otherwise than at school (EOTAS). PRUs are diverse in terms of the number and type of pupils catered for, the typical length of the stay, arrangements for admission and transfer of other education, and the nature of the curriculum and length of the school day. For more information please refer to the Pupil Referral Unit guidance.
To register or de-register a PRU, complete the appropriate form below and return it to:
Pupil Wellbeing Branch
Alternatively you can send the form electronically to WELLBEINGshare@wales.gsi.gov.uk
For any enquiries on this process please email WELLBEINGshare@wales.gsi.gov.uk or telephone 029 2080 1445.