New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
£2.7million for Welsh museums, archives and libraries
Museums, archives and libraries across Wales will benefit from almost £2.7million in the latest round of Welsh Government grant funding.
- PRA Health Services expansion to create nearly 90 jobs in Swansea
- E-cigarette use more common among under 15s than tobacco, research finds
- £2.7million for Welsh museums, archives and libraries
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Proposal for the registration of school learning support workers with the Education Workforce Council
- Proposals for the Basic Payment Scheme
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Using Data Effectively
One of the principles of the Information Management Strategy is that data should only be stored if it will be useful. Here you can find out how this principle is applied to the National Pupil Database (NPD), to Statistics for Wales and to the Database of Approved Qualifications in Wales (DAQW).
The first major step towards enabling the use of the Pupil Level Annual School Census (PLASC) & National Data Collection (NDC) data at all levels within the Welsh Education Sector is the NPD.
The National Pupil Database has been established to give schools, local education authorities (LAs) and government policy teams an easy to use tool to access and analyse anonymised individual pupil data. The NPD links PLASC & NDC data to allow schools to compare their results with other similar schools.
Use for: Analysis of pupil data.
Visit the National Pupil Database website for more information.
Statistics for Wales
The Assembly's Statistical Directorate carry out detailed analysis of data from every statutory collection. Electronic copies of their publications and bulletins can be found in the statistics topic area of our website.
Database of Approved Qualifications in Wales (DAQW)
This database contains details of all qualifications approved for teaching in Wales.
Any queries on the content of this webpage should be sent to IMS@wales.gsi.gov.uk.