Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
The Welsh Government is supporting a new UK/US production company to produce high-end TV and film for the global television market.
- 150 year bond with Patagonia strong and lasting says First Minister
- First Minister launches new Young Persons Discounted Travel Scheme and upgraded TrawsCymru T3 Service
- Edwina Hart welcomes production venture to boost international film and TV production in Wales by £100m
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales - Strategic Plan 2015-18
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
Featured consultation »Draft Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
143 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Using Data Effectively
One of the principles of the Information Management Strategy is that data should only be stored if it will be useful. Here you can find out how this principle is applied to the National Pupil Database (NPD), to Statistics for Wales and to the Database of Approved Qualifications in Wales (DAQW).
The first major step towards enabling the use of the Pupil Level Annual School Census (PLASC) & National Data Collection (NDC) data at all levels within the Welsh Education Sector is the NPD.
The National Pupil Database has been established to give schools, local education authorities (LAs) and government policy teams an easy to use tool to access and analyse anonymised individual pupil data. The NPD links PLASC & NDC data to allow schools to compare their results with other similar schools.
Use for: Analysis of pupil data.
Visit the National Pupil Database website for more information.
Statistics for Wales
The Assembly's Statistical Directorate carry out detailed analysis of data from every statutory collection. Electronic copies of their publications and bulletins can be found in the statistics topic area of our website.
Database of Approved Qualifications in Wales (DAQW)
This database contains details of all qualifications approved for teaching in Wales.
For reporting in 2015, 2016 and 2017, the Welsh Government will use the same list of discounting codes as was used for reporting in 2014.
For reporting in 2018 and subsequent years, the Welsh Government intends developing new discounting codes that apply across qualification types (rather than only within types, as currently).
Any queries on the content of this webpage should be sent to IMS@wales.gsi.gov.uk.