£43m schools and social housing capital boost will create 800 jobs says Jane Hutt
Schools and social housing projects across Wales are set to benefit from an immediate £43 million capital investment boost, Finance Minister Jane Hutt has announced
- A55 improvement works accelerated and £1.9m Tal-y-bont scheme to go ahead this spring
- First Minister celebrates achievements of NHS Wales
- £43m schools and social housing capital boost will create 800 jobs says Jane Hutt
- Proposals relating to the Statement of Public Participation for the National Development Framework
- The draft Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2016
- Setting the Direction for Wales and Borders Rail
- Office for National Statistics (ONS) public consultation on changes to statistical products, 2015
- Environmental Permitting Regulations - Consultation on rules for mobile crushing of lamps that contain mercury
- Producing a New Travel Behaviour Code
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016
The act will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWales Act 2014 annual reports
Action undertaken on the finance provisions in Part 2 of the Wales Act 2014.
Draft Budget 2016-17 »
Our focus is on our priorities and the services which mean the most to the people of Wales.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Using data effectively
One of the principles of the information management strategy is that data should only be stored if it will be useful.
Statistics for Wales
The Welsh Government’s Knowledge and Analytical Services Department carries out detailed analysis of data from every statutory collection. Electronic copies of their publications and bulletins can be found in the statistics topic area of our website .
Database of Approved Qualifications in Wales (DAQW)
This database contains details of all qualifications approved for teaching in Wales.
For reporting in 2015, 2016 and 2017, the Welsh Government will use the same list of discounting codes as was used for reporting in 2014.
For reporting in 2018 and subsequent years, the Welsh Government intends developing new discounting codes that apply across qualification types (rather than only within types, as currently).
Any queries on the content of this webpage should be sent to IMS@wales.gsi.gov.uk
All Wales Core Data Sets
These data packs provide schools and local authorities (LAs) with sets of comparative performance data and contextual analyses to evaluate performance and support school performance.
The data packs can be used to identify strengths and weaknesses and prompt questions and further investigation when considering targeting action.
By analysis performance data, the packs help share good practice, a key component of the School Effectiveness Framework.
Both school and LA data packs are delivered via the All Wales Core Data Sets performance management system which can be accessed via the Schools' Portal (external link).
If you have any queries about the data packs, please contact IMS@wales.gsi.gov.uk