“Quality at the heart of Welsh NHS” finds new international report
- £19m investment in Welsh housing
- Toyota Manufacturing UK’s Deeside Plant to produce next generation hybrid engines
- “Quality at the heart of Welsh NHS” finds new international report
- School Pupil Eye Care Service for Wales
- Proposals relating to the Statement of Public Participation for the National Development Framework
- The draft Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2016
- Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- Blue Badge Scheme in Wales: Changes to eligibility to include people with temporary impairments, assessment and enforcement 2016
- Proposed New Management Measures for the Scallop Fishery in Cardigan Bay
Featured consultation »The draft Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2016
69 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016
The act will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWales Act 2014 annual reports
Action undertaken on the finance provisions in Part 2 of the Wales Act 2014.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2015-16 published 23 June 2015.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Information on how schools must send and exchange information securely in line with our information management strategy.
We have two secure websites for schools to use when sending or exchanging data; the Data Exchange Initiative and School 2 School. Both websites can be accessed via the Schools’ Portal (external link).
If you have any queries, please contact your local authority data support team or IMS@wales.gsi.gov.uk
The Data Exchange Initiative (DEWi)
DEWi is a secure transfer facility for use by schools, local authorities (LAs) and central organisations.
It should be used for the transfer of statutory data returns and generic files between:
- schools and their LA (one way)
- LAs and the Welsh Government (two way).
School 2 School (S2S)
S2S allows schools to securely exchange electronic records when a pupil joins or leaves a school. Each exchange must be accompanied by a Common Transfer File (CTF).
'The Education (Pupil Information) (Wales) Regulations 2011' (external link) set out the requirements in relation to the CTF.
Concise guidance is available on these regulations and Circular 18/2006 offers guidance on the statutory responsibility of schools in relation to the transfer of pupil information. The concise guidance replaces some sections in the circular.