Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
Local Government Secretary has today announced plans for a new scheme to support small businesses affected by the revaluation of business properties.
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- Welsh Food and Drinks exports flourishing, as Welsh Government supports businesses to reach new markets
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Use of reasonable force and searching for weapons
It is split into 2 sections.
Use of reasonable force
The power to use reasonable force was introduced by the Education Act 1996 (external link). Section 1 advises on the use reasonable force, including:
- helping school staff understand what the law means for them in practical terms
- reducing the risk that force may be used inappropriately
- providing advice on good practice.
Searching for weapons
Schools were granted the power to search pupils for weapons without their consent in by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (external link). Section 2 provides information on screening and searching pupils for weapons, including scope of powers.