Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
66 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Use of reasonable force and searching for weapons
It is split into 2 sections.
Use of reasonable force
The power to use reasonable force was introduced by the Education Act 1996 (external link). Section 1 advises on the use reasonable force, including:
- helping school staff understand what the law means for them in practical terms
- reducing the risk that force may be used inappropriately
- providing advice on good practice.
Searching for weapons
Schools were granted the power to search pupils for weapons without their consent in by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (external link). Section 2 provides information on screening and searching pupils for weapons, including scope of powers.