New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
£250,000 for Welsh Language Technology Projects
Welsh Language Technology Projects across Wales are set to get a funding boost of over £250,000 during 2015-16, First Minister Carwyn Jones announced today.
- “A good food hygiene rating is good for business and public health” – Vaughan Gething
- £2.7million for Welsh museums, archives and libraries
- £250,000 for Welsh Language Technology Projects
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Use of reasonable force and searching for weapons
It is split into 2 sections.
Use of reasonable force
The power to use reasonable force was introduced by the Education Act 1996 (external link). Section 1 advises on the use reasonable force, including:
- helping school staff understand what the law means for them in practical terms
- reducing the risk that force may be used inappropriately
- providing advice on good practice.
Searching for weapons
Schools were granted the power to search pupils for weapons without their consent in by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006 (external link). Section 2 provides information on screening and searching pupils for weapons, including scope of powers.